Classrooms Without Walls
To truly build life-long learners, St. Michael’s brings learning to life for its students by providing unmatched enrichment experiences for all students outside the classroom.
- Frequent day trips to experience the Sacramento Region’s many historical, natural, artistic, and interactive resources.
- Overnight outdoor education trips to foster exploration, personal development, and relationship building.
- Cross country travel opportunities to expand students’ world views.
- Retreat program to promote spiritual, moral, and personal development.
Lower School Field Trips
- Kindergarten: Pumpkin Patch with Buddies and Hamburger Farm
- First Grade: Pumpkin Patch with Buddies, science and theater field trips
- Second Grade: Jelly Belly Factory, Explorit Science Center and play at local theater
- Third Grade: Exploratorium, Discovery Science Center, Crocker Art Museum, B Street Theater, and 3-Day Outdoor Education Trip
- Fourth Grade: Effie Yeaw Maidu Field Trip, Rhodes School House, and 3-Day Outdoor Education Trip
Middle School Field Trips
Fifth Grade: Rocknasium (Middle School Retreat), Pumpkin Patch with Kindergarten Buddies, Discovery Science Center, Veteran’s Hospital for service learning and 4-Day Outdoor Education Trip
Sixth Grade: Top Golf (Middle School Retreat), Powerhouse Field House, 4-Day Winter Outdoor Education Trip, 5-Day Trip to Catalina Island Marine Institute
Seventh Grade: Middle School Retreat, 3-Day Trip to Shakespeare Festival (Ashland, Oregon), 5-Day Outdoor Education Trip to Headlands Institute (Sausalito, California), Eskaton for service learning, and 6-Day Trip to Space Camp (Huntsville, Alabama)
Eighth Grade: Middle School Retreat, Pumpkin Patch with First Grade Buddies, Empty Bowls Lunch, Shriners Hospital (Sacramento, California), 3-Day Trip to Shakespeare Festival (Ashland, Oregon), 4-Day Outdoor Education Trip (Yosemite, California), and 9-Day East Coast Big Trip (Washington DC, Gettysburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia and New York City)