Admission is open to all who can benefit from a challenging academic curriculum and who will dedicate themselves to a higher standard of responsibility in their behavior. The applicant must be in good academic and personal standing at his/her present school. After an initial visit by the parents for classroom observation and conference with Admissions Director or Head of School, the admission process is outlined below.
St. Michael’s school accepts applications on a rolling basis; however, to ensure priority consideration for the 2018-19 school year, please submit all applications by Thursday, February 1, 2018.
- Complete and submit the online application. This will require you to upload necessary documentation:
- Provide the last three years of standardized testing, if applicable
- Provide the last three years of report cards, if applicable
- Immunization record
- Birth certificate
- Submit the application fee ($50 for 3rd-8th grade, $75 for Kindergarten-2nd grade, $50 for ECE – preschool and Pre-K). Checks should be payable to St. Michael’s Episcopal Day School and either returned to the office or mailed to St. Michael’s School at 2140 Mission Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608.
- Obtain a current teacher recommendation. You should download the student recommendation form from the online application. We ask that you give this to your child’s current teacher and that it be mailed directly to St. Michael’s School. To download the student recommendation form for the teacher to fill out for students entering Preschool, Pre-K, Kindergarten or first grade, click here. To download the student recommendation form for the teacher to fill out for students entering second through eighth grade, click here.
- Schedule admissions screening if applying for grades 3-8. Once an application has been received, we will contact you to schedule your child’s screening. The screening fee for grades 3-8 is $150 and checks are payable to Jessica Dunbar-Muth, M.A., CCC/SLP.
- Schedule a shadow day (student visit). This is an opportunity for the applicant to spend a day in the life of a St. Michael’s student with their potential classmates. On the day of their visit, applicants for K-2 will be screened for basic skills in writing and reading and all applicants will be given a math screening.
After your application, screening, and shadow day are complete, you will be notified of an admissions decision. Enrollment contracts are mailed to all accepted candidates as places are available. The contract must be returned with the appropriate deposit by the specified date. At that time, the student is officially admitted to the school.
If you have any questions, please contact:
St. Michael’s Espiscopal Day School
2140 Mission Ave., Carmichael, CA 95608
Phone: (916) 485-3418 Fax: (916) 485-9804