At its core, our educational philosophy holds that academics should be active and engaging. To that end, we believe:
- Learning is a Lifelong Process
Our academic program focuses on teaching and learning as the cornerstone of academic success.
- Each Child Can Excel Academically
Our curriculum engages each student, enabling everyone to reach his or her highest potential.
- Children Learn Best Through Active Learning Opportunities
Our teachers guide their students in the development of personal initiative, critical thinking skills, and the ability to think independently – the building blocks of lifelong learning.
- Learning Styles Vary from Student to Student
Our teachers work to identify the different academic needs of each student and present curriculum in a way that is responsive to those differences.
- Academic Success Includes the Development of Self-Confidence, and Appreciation for Others
The instructional program provides students with the opportunity to share individual ideas and to understand and respect the ideas of others.
- Caring Relationships Among Students and Between Students and Teachers Build Academic Confidence
Consideration for each other is modeled and encouraged throughout our community. Students and faculty honor, respect, and celebrate diversity.
- A Strong Partnership Between Home and School Strengthens Academic Success
Parental involvement encourages good communication between parents and teachers and helps to foster a supportive and welcoming community with the end result being a positive impact on student motivation and achievement.